Sinus Infection - Severe Sinus InfectionSinus infections, in themselves, are painful. You can very well imagine how painful a severe sinus infection can be. Dealing with such discomforting pain for a few days, or at the most a week or so, is still bearable. But those suffering from such sinus infections bear this pain for anywhere between two to three months or even more. .
Though time consuming and painful, what is like a silver lining is the fact that a severe sinus infection can be treated with the plenty of options available! Interesting is what we had aimed to make this article on Sinus Infections. It is up to you to decide if we have succeeded in nurse's guide!
- Other than the above mentioned symptoms, you can also suffer from a pain in the teeth, ears and the jaws.
- The symptoms of a sinus infection are not the same for one and all.
- They vary from person to person depending on the type of sinus one is suffering from.
- An important thing to be mentioned here is that it may so happen that not all the symptoms occur at the same time.
- So even if you experience only a few of the symptoms, do consult a doctor.
- Thus, a severe sinus infection can hamper your routine life due to the symptoms that last for a longer duration.
- This makes it inevitable to understand and recognize the symptoms of such an infection so as to ensure timely treatment.
- Time and tide waits for no man.
- So once we got an idea for writing on Sinus Pain, we decided not to waste time, but to get down to writing about it immediately!
- Severe sinus infection is much the same as an acute infection, the only difference being the duration.
- In chronic infection, the symptoms last longer than in an acute infection.
- Also, there is resistance to treatment as the body takes a longer time to respond to the treatment.
Whereas an acute sinus infection, that lasts between a few days to a week or so, can be treated with time-tested home remedies, a severe sinus infection, lasting more than a month and recurring frequently, needs the doctors' consultation and medication. The treatment may begin with antibiotics, followed by decongestants paranasal sinus diagram. If all these do not prove effective, a surgery can be resorted to. To err is human, to forgive is divine. So we would indeed deem you to be divine if you forgive us for any misunderstandings that may arise in this article on Acute Sinus Infection.