Sinus Cysts Lesions - Chronic Sinus Infections - Fungus May be to BlameHealth experts estimate that 37 million Americans are affected by sinus infections every year. In fact, health care providers report nearly 32 million cases of chronic sinus infections to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention annually.
Silver has been shown to have strong antimicrobial properties and has been used in many medical and health applications throughout history. Some common antimicrobial uses of silver include treating burns, in Curad' Band-Aids, for water purification (NASA uses silver to purify the water on the space shuttle), and sewn into socks to prevent athletes' foot as well as many other uses. There is a lot of jargon connected with Sinuses. However, we have eliminated the difficult ones, and only used the ones understood by everyone.
- There are four different sets of sinus cavities and any one of these cavities has the potential to become infected.
- These moist sinus cavities can literally become a breeding ground for bacteria, viruses or fungus.
- Can often be difficult to tell if you have a sinus infection or just a common cold as they both share common symptoms.
- One way to tell if you have a sinus infection is if it doesn't go away.
- This would be referred to as a chronic sinus infection.
- We would like you to leisurely go through this article on Chronic Sinusitis to get the real impact of the article.
- Chronic Sinusitis is a topic that has to be read clearly to be understood.
- You think that you might be suffering from a sinus infection, you should visit your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Because your nose can get stuffy when you have a condition like the common cold, you may confuse simple nasal congestion with sinusitis.
- A cold, however, usually lasts about 7 to 14 days and disappears without treatment.
- Acute sinusitis often lasts longer and typically causes more symptoms than just a cold.
- Sometimes, what we hear about Chronic Sinus Infections can prove to be rather hilarious and illogical.
- This is why we have introduced this side of Chronic Sinus Infections to you.
Many people have reported excellent results in combating their chronic sinus infections using an all-natural mineral supplement called colloidal silver. By misting the ionic/colloidal silver solution into their sinuses where it can come into contact with the infected area. It was at the spur of the moment that we ventured to write something about Acute Sinusitis. Such is the amount of matter that is available on Acute Sinusitis.
- 1999, The Mayo Clinic did a major study of patients with chronic sinus infections.
- The Mayo Clinic study found that fungus is likely the cause of nearly all cases of chronic sinusitis.
Common sinus infection symptoms can include facial pains, tenderness of the sinus areas, headaches, nasal drainage that is thick and colored, sore throat and many other symptoms.
- Even more startling is that Americans spend $5.8 billion each year on health care costs related to sinus infection treatment.
- A sinus infection is literally an infection in your sinuses, which are hollow passages or cavities inside of your head.
- We have written a humorous anecdote on Chronic Sinus Infection to make it's reading more enjoyable and interesting to you.
- This way you learn there is a funny side to Chronic Sinus Infection too!
- This was a complete departure from the commonly held belief that bacteria was responsible for most cases of chronic sinusitis.
- The normal course of treatment for sinus infections by doctors historically and today is to prescribe antibiotics.
- Since antibiotics do not work against fungus, treating a fungal sinus infection with antibiotics will not be effective.